Upgrade Home Windows Without Replacing Them
Did you know that Energy.Gov states that 30% of a home’s heating and cooling costs can be lost through windows that are not energy efficient? With home fuel costs going through the roof, you may be considering the purchase of energy-efficient replacement windows.
However, before you spend thousands of dollars, there is a way to upgrade home windows without replacing them.
When your goal is to improve energy efficiency, retrofitting energy-saving window film to your existing windows provides an affordable alternative to window replacement. Home window films can help windows that are otherwise in good shape, but just not as energy efficient as you would like.
If you windows are damaged or deteriorating, they will need to be replaced. Assuming that window film is a viable option, the cost for quick, professional installation of energy saving window film is about 1/5th the cost of replacement windows!
2 Ways Residential Films Help Save Energy
- Energy-saving window film can also lower your home’s cooling costs by reducing the heat coming through the windows in warmer months.
- Specific Low-E window films can help retain interior heat in the cooler months.
In these two ways, home window film helps reduce house energy consumption, which saves money and also helps the environment.
In addition, retrofitting window film is much less disruptive than window replacement and is better for the environment than the landfill impact of removal of the existing units.
Additional Ways Window Film Can Upgrade Home Windows
- UV Protection: Window films can block up to 99% of harmful UV rays, which can help to protect your furniture, flooring, and artwork from fading. UV rays can also contribute to skin cancer, so window films can also provide a layer of protection for your family.
- Added Privacy: Window films can be used to create daytime privacy without blocking out all of the natural light. This can be a great option for homes with young children or pets, or for homes that are located near busy streets.
- Additional Security: Window films can make your windows more difficult to break through, which can deter burglars.
Choosing a home window film to upgrade your windows without replacing brings benefits all the way around.
You can find out more information about home window films by clicking HERE
If you are interested in learning how window films can upgrade home windows, please contact us today by calling (319) 423-9663 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free, no obligation consultation and estimate of implementing window film.
We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about window film, the installation process and the products that we use to upgrade your Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, Des Moines or Quad Cities, Iowa area home.